Volumec Drilltronic Drilling & Tapping Machine
The Volumec Drilltronic is an articulated arm drilling and tapping machine with a high performance brushless motor. Optionally, the machine can be supplied with a table or be mounted on a floor stand. In its basic form the machine is positioned manually but when fitted with the optional Volumec Assisted Positioning System (VAPS) the machine will automatically lock at the programmed position. VAPS allows easy programming from the control in X and Y coordinates for square or rectangular parts or in diameter and angle between holes for circular workpieces.
|Drilling Speed Range
|100 – 1000
|30 – 1250
|125 – 4500
|Drilling Capacity with Twist Drill
|3 – 13
|3 – 16
|3 – 10
|Maximum Drilling Capacity with Cutter
|M3 – M12
|M3 – M20
|M3 – M8
|Maximum Height under Drilling Head
|Maximum Distance from Column to Spindle Centre
- Articulated arm drilling, tapping and countersinking
- Easy manual positioning
- High performance brushless motor
- Infinitely variable drilling speed
- Manual drilling feed
- Quick change tooling system
- VAPS assisted control system
- VAPS-Z automated drilling on the Z axis
- Column for floor mounting
- Workbench with tee slots
- Spray mist coolant system
- Flood coolant system
- Laser pointer
- High precision depth sensor
- LED sensor for edge finding in stainless steel
DRILLTRONIC is the only integrated drilling and tapping units equipped with an innovative system developed with an articulated arm to give maximum working flexibility.
The structure is designed with a technology that can provide smooth and quick placements, ensuring rigidity and precision during machining operations.
With the new control system VAPS (Volumec ® Assisted Positioning System) with a touch-screen operator interface, easy and intuitive, you can perform drilling and tapping, to set quotas, without the need of manually tracking used with traditional drills.
The principal functions are:
- Quick identification for he workpiece solution (zero search).
- Assisted positioning of the tool on the work surface with automatic locking at the specified measurement.
- Intuitive programming of drilling on multiple points (X, Y, Tool Diameter).
- Creation and saving of drilling cycles for repeat parts on every shape.
- Automatic calculation of drilling on flanges based on the radius and angle between holes.
- Drilling programming is also possible in auto-learning mode.
- Automatic threading by setting pitch and depth.
- Positioning and drilling also with manual mode.
- Import / Export drilling programs via USB.
- PC connection via Lan (Ethernet)
Optional extras include:
Automatic Lubrication System – With this system it is possible to ensure the correct nebulisations of the tool.
High Precision Laser Pointer System – This set-up allows you to see previously where the drilling will be done.
Depth Sensor – Allows you to set the desired drilling / tapping / countersinks depth.
Refrigeration System – The refrigeration emulsion plant has a flow rate of 22 l/min.
Workbenches – Optimised structural bench for the Drilltronic with 30mm reinforced base and internal compartments for tools and equipment storage. Available with a rough top or with worked T-Slots top and refrigeration system predisposition.
Ground Fixing Column – All Drilltronic models can be equipped with a lifting column, that can be fixed to the ground.