We recognise that our operations have an impact on our local, regional and global environment so are delighted to have been assessed and awarded the ISO 1400 1 registered certificate by the QMS International A Citation Company which certifies that the management systems of our company meet the standard environmental management systems, standards and guidelines.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
We recognise the impact we have on the environment and the communities in which we work. The company is committed to continually minimising the adverse impact of our operations and developing sustainable responses. Our long term vision is to restore the environment and enrich the local communities in which our developments and operations are placed.
We have developed Global Aspirations and have defined long-term objectives and targets for the EMEA region against which we can track our progress and report on performance in the places we create, own and manage.
Our goal is to be the leader in sustainable environmental practice.
To achieve our vision, we will:-
• Inform and comply with environmental legislation, regulation and other requirements as a minimum, we seek to meet or exceed industry best practice and to innovate along that journey.
• Employ strategies to use our resources efficiently, eliminate or minimise any polluting activities to air, land and water and minimise and control our waste, segregate for re-use and recycle wherever practical.
• Identify our environmental and social Impacts and explore every opportunity to demonstrate a positive impact on the environment and our local communities in all our activities and developments, and those of our supply chain.
• Exhibit leadership through the continual improvement of our environmental and social performance.
• Demonstrate forward-thinking through planning for and adapting to climate change.
• Operate an internationally recognised Environmental Management System.
• Measure and publicly disclose our environmental and social performance against internationally recognised standards.
• Demonstrate responsible procurement of materials, products and services.
• Train our employees and promote environmental best practice to our clients and supply chain partners.
We are committed to the following actions:-
1. We will promote the use of Best Practice identified from our projects
2. We will be advocates for sustainable design with our clients, consultants, supply chan and employees to ensure that the importance of sustainable design and construction is recognised in our delivery of variations and Lie Cycle replacement.
3. We will encourage clients to commission projects which:
• Use natural resources efficiently
• Encourage our clients to minimise potential risk to land, water and atmospheric environmental systems and enhance the local environment by adding value to local ecological systems.
This Position Statement has been developed to help our business meet the objectives of our Global Environment Policy
Published 5th January 2016