Can’t get back to the reference point on a CNC Pressbrake
A common problem is returning your CNC press brake to the reference point, a simple enough task on an NC press brake, but one that can often seem daunting on a CNC press brake using the on-board ESA controls, but don’t worry, the good news is that it isn’t nearly as complex as it seems, following these simple steps, referencing your CNC press brake is a straightforward process:
- Start by turning on the power Isolator and wait for ESA Control to switch on and come to the main page.
- When the main page shows, then press the Blue reset button on the rear of your machine, this will change from a flashing light to a solid light.
- Press the Blue reset button on your press brake’s Foot Pedal, again this will make it stop flashing and return to a solid light.
- Press the Motor start button on the foot pedal, the green light will light once started.
- Press the Manual soft key on the ESA control.
- Press the Up foot-pedal on the right side of the foot pendant, the beam will rise slowly and Y1 and Y2 axes will then reference and a blue dot will appear in the small box on the screen to the right of them.
- Press the Green start button on the ESA Control and X, R, and Z1, Z2 will reference one by one, each will light up with a blue dot next to them on the screen to confirm that they are referenced.
- Enter a programme or use last programme and select Semi-Automatic or Fully Automatic and press green start on control, the back gauge will then move to the programmed position.
- Press the down pedal and hold it down, at this point the beam will move down about 80mm and stop. This is the machine performing a speed test, the beam will then move back up. Don’t let go of the foot pedal until this process is finished.
At this point, when you have followed all these steps your CNC press brake is now safely referenced by using ESA controls.
If you still need help or advice about referencing your press brake, ESA controls or anything else related to your CNC press brake, our service team is on hand to help, feel free to drop us a line on +44 (0)1432 346 585, email email@example.com or get in touch via our website.